Monday, February 23, 2009

Unfortunately, I was not able to watch the Oscars last night because of Chapter Meeting that didn’t end until 10, but LUCKILY what I did catch was something that made me smile. I heard Hugh Jackmans voice boom through the television, “the musical is back!” and then came a whole medley of new and old Broadway tunes starring Beyonce, Hugh Jackman, Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron, Amanda Seyfield , and Dominic Cooper.

It is a pivotal moment in entertainment industry to proudly declare that the musical genre is taking over once again. After September 11th, ticket sales for Broadway shows saw a steady decline. I think after last nights performance we are going to see Broadway and other theater shows become popular again. With shows being transformed into movies, it is becoming more popular for people to enjoy musicals numbers.

I think Hugh Jackman (well, his script writers) made a good point and a great show. I think it is important since we have been talking about Broadway and now we are talking about movies, and how they are beginning to see less of a line between the two and more of collaboration.


No comments:

Post a Comment