Friday, February 27, 2009

mzTV,com

I think the television is an interesting invention to be talking about. I actually think the TV is seeing a decline in popularity. We are the generation of portable electronics, and the Internet. Especially in our society where everything is so fast paced and you feel like you can't fit enough in the day, even children are being carpooled from soccer practice to dance class and play dates. I think it would be hard to find an American family who continually sits down for dinner every night together and watches TV afterward. It used to be such a ritual, such a normal part of everyday life, but now everyone is caught up in their own to-do lists that the TV is a thing of the past.


Even as college kids, we cant make our schedule around our favorite TV program, and rarely do we take the time to gather with friends in front of the tube anymore. Even as I sit here writing this I'm thinking of when I can get some alone time to catch up on Gossip Girl...online. That's the other thing, the TV is almost like an escape. Or maybe that's just how I feel. But if I am going to spend time watching a TV show and not be productive, I want to be able to relax for that one hour and not worry about any interruptions from friends. To me the TV shows have become an escape instead of a time to bond.


When I went on MZTV, all of these thoughts came flooding to me. Look at the way the website itself is set up. It allows the view to interact online with a museum. We are all about convenience in this generation. We want things to be convenient for us because we are too busy to think about it otherwise.
I didn't want to write this blog on the history of Television, we have already discussed it. But I think it would be interesting for you to think about how the Television has changed is symbolism in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment