Thursday, April 2, 2009

Could this be considered a new hobby?

I had so much fun Xeroxing my body parts. It reminded me of when we used only 35mm film and we had to wait for our pictures to get developed. The anticipation and waiting to see what was printed felt the same way as it did back when we use to develop pictures. Anyway, I wanted to do something that incorporated other elements of the class. I wanted to decontextualize the box, and make it mean something, I also wanted to have the viewers become part of the art. I decided to cut out the letters from a magazine and photocopy them to read, "WHO AM I TODAY?", "YOU DECIDE"...The letters give the Dada approach. So then I photocopied different personalities and persona's, so you can decide who you want to be when looking at the art. It will always be changing and can mix and match how the viewer wants it to be. I hope you enjoyed. It's still in the classroom if you want to go play with it! LOL



























































10 comments:

  1. I loved your piece! It was such a creative idea to do something so interactive. Way to think about Velcro!! I loved the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the idea of the use of interaction between the viewer, and using a DADA ideal by taking images of pop culture imagery (Lady Gaga who truly is, and making an image out of them) and enabling the viewer to produce their own mood and imagery was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved your that you were able to make an interactice art piece that is 3D, colorful, and has a cool style. You took your idea out of the box. Great job again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a great idea and I really like how the viewer can change it up how they want. I also think the velcro was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your idea of letting the audience interract with your art piece and deciding who you should be today. I also obviously loved the xerox of Lady Gaga...amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a freakin awesome concept! I really like how you made it interactive, and as always, I love how you really reflect who you are in your work. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the interactive element to this and your use of facial expressions to represent different personalities. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved how your piece was changable... it really brought the viewer into it GREAT WORK

    ReplyDelete
  9. this was a cool piece. i liked how we could make you whoever we wanted you to be. you really thought this through

    ReplyDelete
  10. your xerox project was really awesome, it was cool how it was interactive and you could change it around depending on how you felt. i really liked it.

    ReplyDelete