Saturday, March 21, 2009

We've Got the Beat...

Oh the Beat Generation...so glad we talked about it in class. We had to write a paper in history class senior year of high school on a movement that made a difference in the future of America. I chose the beatniks! It actually inspired me to buy On The Road when I got to UT the following year, and I haven't read it yet. Shame shame. I actually forgot I had it until we talked about it in class and came back to my dorm room and found it in a drawer. I need to read it!

I really loved the work of the DaDa. I didn't realize all those Collages I have made with friends, and for fun, came from influence of the DaDa. I love art that has different elements and images that combine to make a piece of work. I don't have much of a background on art, so it is very interesting for me to hear how it evolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment