Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Introduction & First Posting

I officially have a blog. This could potential become my newest addiction. No one has ever made me write down my thoughts everyday, but it must be therapeutic. In the hectic schedule I am about to take on this semester, I will definitely need this as an escape.

I already like this class, especially because of this first assignment to start a blog. I think it is creative and works a different part of our brain. I love when classes strike my interests. I have always wanted to dabble more in art. Although I have done theater for most of my life and photography is a passion of mine, I want to find more within the history of art and the way artists form their creations and ideas.

I also want to start going to more museums. Whenever I would go to our student art shows in high school, I would walk around the gym where the held it and cry at how beautiful the art was. Maybe it touched me because I knew the artists personally, but I feel like I have never had a full chance to explore my artistic side and I am excited to do so with this class.


About my Day:

Today I applied for my first internship. I went through my first formal interview and kicked ass. They called me and gave me the Advertising/Public Relations (paid) position in Career Services. This position is literally the perfect starting point for what my career will eventually evolve into. I get to use my creative side and use graphic art and make movies but I also can use my organization and leadership side to delegate the team I will have working with me. But between my classes, this new internship, vp membership development for axo and advertising/public relations for Panhellenic, I am absolutely going to have my hands full- but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

As for this class, and the rest of my Com classes, I am so pumped to learn whatever we take on this semester. I think I am really going to grow as a person over the next few months and start to make a path for myself. LOL I sound really corny but whatever, I’m happy =)







Right this minute...

song: Crash into Me (live version)

artist: Dave Matthews Band



current obsession...




















(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/Bride_wars.jpg/200px-Bride_wars.jpg)

Saw this movie last night and two of my favorite actresses. It was the two hours I shut off my phone and just escaped into a silly movie that absolutley entertained me. Loved it.

1 comment:

  1. Daniella,
    Well, it's your first blog and you've already inspired me. lol. I've had a blog for quite some time now, but I don't think I've ever read a more passionate first entry :) Photography and Art are my passions (and make me cry), too!

    I hope your internship goes well. I look forward to hearing how it develops throughout the semester!

    Well, I'll be seeing you in class!
    -Kassie

    p.s. Bride Wars was a FANTASTIC movie!!

    ReplyDelete