Monday, January 26, 2009

The Significance of my weekend

Well, I had quite the weekend. Good thing I had fun this weekend because I think it's going to be a while before I get to party like this again.





Havana Thursday night was very special and I am only writing about it because it relates to my career goals...uh no I don't want to be bartender...but I met some very important people thursday night. It pays to be outgoing and friendly. A group of big italian men were standing around and I started practicing some of my rusty italian on them. They invite me into VIP with them, not a bad deal. It gets better though because the CEO of A Night on the Town Magazine was a part of this group. We started talking and he said he was interested in what I had to offer. (If you don't know, I have been writing fashion columns and other entertainment related articles since freshman year of high school). He brought his publist over and made her take my information and he gave me her email. As they left that night I emailed her saying how lovely it was to meet them and blah blah blah. She responded that it was their pleasure and they would liek to see my resume and find where I can fit in with their company....I hope this could potentially go somewhere in the future, not NOW obviously with my new internship, but it's a great connection to have.





I had my first staff meeting this morning with Career Services. I am so excited and over whelmed with my new job. I can't wait to see how I will make a difference and how my ideas will play out. Also with AXO I told them I am going to start incorporating art and cultural development within my position and they all seemed excited for that. I ran for Greek Sing chair last night and won that position, so therefore next semester I'll be choeographing our Greek Sing performance. I'm excited because I really miss dance & theater, and basically just performing in general.





Hope everyone had a great weekend and a good Monday.











I'm not in this picture but it was during a scene of Pippin senior year. Just looking at my old stage brings that certain kind of comfort back

No comments:

Post a Comment