Tuesday, January 27, 2009

After class on Operas

It's official. I have the ultimate desire to attend an Opera. I never knew ANYTHING about Operas. Seriously. I want to watch these masterpieces to see where the art and theater I so adore now, has come from. Especially instances like La bohème, where I am literally OBSESSED with RENT and to be able to see where it originated from will give me a whole new meaning. When I say obsessed, I have seen the Broadway show 4 or 5 times, and I have watched the movie a few hundred times (no joke) and listened to the soundtrack more than I would gladly admit. I think I am going to watch La Boheme for my Opera paper. I am so curious to see and hear the original inspiration for Jonathan Larson.

I always leave class feeling a little more "cultured" and inspired. I take so much in because it is such a captivating subject to learn. It is not at all what I expected, it has exceeded my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment