Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Too Long!

Gosh, I haven't updated in so long. I feel guilty about it! LOL. Well, since I've been on Spring Break I have actually thought about this class quite a few times. Aside from working on my grid project, and doing the take home quiz, I have gone to some theater related shows. I went to see Throughly Modern Millie at Caldwell College and I went to my highschool to see the students in tech week for A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.
So this is actually funny because it ties into Art & Technology. We have talked about how technology keeps increasing in the theater. We have a new state of the art theater in my high school, it was built my senior year. So we are very lucky to be able to have such a strong focus on the arts. Well usally the pit (the orchestra) sits off to the side of the stage but in a section of the audience stage left. Well I go to the theater yesterday and there is a plasma TV in the very first row of the seats taking up only about three seats, and what they have done is put the orchestra behind stage and have the conductor on camera so the actors can still be conducted but the orchestra won't take up seats or be to loud for the audience. MAGNIFICANT! One of the tech directors was like, "why is everyone so intrigued, it's just a camera", well if he had taken this class maybe he would realize the progress we continue to make in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment